Volunteers are vital to Pivot. You are instrumental in helping us meet the needs of the teens in our community. Please consider becoming a volunteer for Pivot! We need volunteers in many different areas, which include, but are not limited to:
- An administrative whiz? Donate your time to help with administrative tasks like data entry.
- Does a well-organized space make you happy? You can help us keep our pantry and closets clean and orderly.
- Are you a local chef or cook? Lead a cooking class at Café 29, Pivot’s teaching kitchen.
- Motivated go-getter? Organize a fundraising event at your office, school, scout troop, civic group or place of worship to help collect donations that support our mission.
- Like to plan parties? Serve on our event planning committee.
Click here to complete our online volunteer/intern application.
Want to volunteer, but don’t have a lot of time? Here are a few things you can do to help:
- Like us and shre our posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Drop-off a meal for youth at The Point at Pivot.
- Out grocery shopping? Purchase a few items for our pantry! Or check out our Amazon and Wal-Mart lists for inspiration.
If you are interested in helping in our food pantry or clothing closet in the coming months, we are tentatively planning opportunities during business hours for individuals or very small groups of people who know each other.
We request you wear a mask, practice social distancing and not volunteer if you may have been exposed the two weeks prior to volunteering or if you are exhibiting any symptoms. Volunteers will sign a liability waiver.
We appreciate your flexibility as we try to balance activities and safety.
We will also soon need meal support for our drop-in center, The Point at Pivot. This could be a fun way for you and family or small group to support youth by preparing meals at your site and dropping off.
For more details or to schedule a time to volunteer, please email Natalie or call 235-7537.